Last updated: August, 2021
Lewes Community Football Club (“we”, “our”, “us”) take your privacy very seriously.
This Privacy Notice sets out how we use and look after the personal information we collect from you. We are the data controller, responsible for the processing of any personal data you give us. We take reasonable care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised access to or use of it.
Lewes Community Football Club acknowledges its responsibilities under the 1998 Data Protection Act and the 2018 European Union General Data Protection Regulation in respect of our collection and processing of personal data to protect data subjects from misuse of such personal data.
2. Data Protection Principles
Lewes Community Football Club processes information in accordance with the six data protection principles set out for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force on the 25 May 2018. The data collected by Lewes Community Football Club is:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary
processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data
3. Information and Data
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that individual can be identified. We collect, use, store and transfer some personal data of our participants [and their parents or guardians].
Lewes Community Football Club collects information in two possible ways:
a. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up to be an owner of Lewes Community Football Club, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it. Example where you may give data directly to us are when you:
● become an owner of Lewes Community Football Club
● become a player, staff member or volunteer
● make e-mail enquiries, contributions or offer views to us
● enter competitions
● register to receive or download information, newsletters or other documentation
● purchase goods or services from us through the online store
b. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone. Data subjects participating in any discussion forum on our website may choose to disclose personal information to other participants. This choice is at users’ own risk.
4. How long will Lewes Community Football Club keep your data for?
Lewes Community Football Club will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your ownership is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the additional services to you for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have terminated your ownership or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
5. How Lewes Community Football Club uses such Personal information
Lewes Community Football Club will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone.
We may use such personal information submitted to us:
● to respond to an enquiry
● to acknowledge any contribution individuals may make
● to administer a relevant competition
● to send information required
● to fulfil any contract that we may enter into with individuals
● for research purposes
● to send marketing information in accordance with the provisions set out below
● for other reasonable purposes for which such information has been provided
We may send further information to anyone who become customers of ours by purchasing goods or services from us, that is related to their purchase by email.
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
● You can verify the details you have submitted to Lewes Community Football Club by contacting the club at any time (details at end of this document). Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.● You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Lewes Community Football Club regarding your ownership profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your ownership has expired.
● You are also free to cancel your ownership subscription or remove your details from the email list at any time in writing to email@example.com. If you do so, your ownership will be deactivated upon expiry. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
● You can always feel free to update us on your details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
● You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email sent by the club.
● You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us using the details at the end of this policy.
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes via the website and club-authorised social media channels
We may circulate data subjects’ views submitted to us internally for training and management purposes. We may also publish views on our website, or in other media. Those not wishing us to do this may let us know when they submit views.
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
(d) to the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
6. Protection of information
Lewes Community Football Club is committed to protecting the privacy of data subjects and we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. However, the nature of the internet is such that the data may in some circumstances flow over networks without full security measures and could be accessible to unauthorised persons.
Lewes Community Football Club may collect, process and use information about individuals who visit our website. We do this to discover things such as the number of visitors and the performance of various parts of the site. The club may collect this information in a way which will not identify anyone. We will not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any other source.
Such information may be collected through “traffic data” and may entail the use of “cookies”, “IP Addresses” or other numeric codes used to identify a computer. Visitors to our website can delete cookies or configure their computer to reject them, although this may disable the website’s ability to manage individual sessions.
9. Right to access personal information
Data subjects have the right to access the information that Lewes Community Football Club holds about them in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and 2018 GDPR. They may make a written application to the club at the address provided below. Lewes Community Football Club may require the verification of an applicant’s identity and the payment of an administrative fee to provide a copy of the information that it holds. In certain circumstances Lewes Community Football Club may withhold access to such information where it has the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
10. Updating Personal Information
We try to keep all personal information up-to-date and will make reasonable effort to do so. Individuals whose personal information changes (for example contact details) may let us know of this by contacting the club at the address provided below or via email to email@example.com.
Any individual can request any personal data to be deleted (“the right to be forgotten”)
11. Children and Young People
Lewes Community Football Club recognises that children and young people under 18 years of age interact with us both online and in person.
We endeavour not to seek any more personal information than is reasonably necessary for participation in Lewes Community Football Club activities. We encourage all minors to consult with their parents or legal guardians before submitting any information to us and may ask them to provide valid email addresses for parents or guardian so that we may verify parental consent where required.
We will not use or pass to third parties any information on minors we hold for any commercial purposes.