Vint stunner earns back-to-back wins – Lewes Community Football Club

Vint stunner earns back-to-back wins

Vint stunner earns back-to-back wins

Men's football news

Written by: Jack

Lewes FC Men recorded back-to-back wins for the first time since January with two second-half goals enough to see off the already relegated Kingstonian. 

Walter Figueira struck early on after the restart and Ronnie Vint followed up with a top bins effort inside the box. Despite a late fight-back from the K’s and a fiery end to the game, the Rooks held on to get 6/6 points for the week.

The first-half didn’t have too much spark but we started well with Kalvin causing problems down the left and he almost found the opener just nine minutes in, cutting in on his right but struck into the hands of the K’s ‘keeper.

10 minutes later Chris Whelpdale rose highest in the box and was denied by a fantastic save again.

Minus a Marcus Sablier corner that briefly looked like it was floating in, that was basically it for the first 45.

Rooks restarted on the front foot and the opening goal came just six minutes in from a beautifully worked move. Arthur Penney put a driven pass into Figueira who flicked it into Ola Ogunwamide who took a brilliant first touch into the box before squaring it back to Figueira to finish.

Ola was terrorising the K’s back-line down the right and it was almost a second shortly after when he beat his man inside the area before clipping it onto the head of Jake Elliott but he couldn’t quite keep it down.

We were almost made to pay with the visitors seeing plenty of action at the other end with Nathan Harvey called into action on several occasions but most of them safely stopped.

Moments later, Ola was almost rewarded for his display playing a clever free-kick on the edge of the box with Sablier, but curled one inches wide.

Ola once again, then linked up with Figueira on the left hand side of the area before striking the side netting.

We were caught out on the break heading into injury time when the K’s left-back, was found inside the box and finished at Harvey’s near post.

This sparked a scuffle in the celebrations between K’s forward Eddie Dsane and Sanchez Ming which started a lively end to the game.

Shortly after Figueira was kicked to the floor and reacted by kicking out in retaliation which resulted in the goal-scorer receiving his marching orders by the referee.

It could have been more comfortable but in the end Russell’s side were able to see out the three points.

Photos by James Boyes.