Lewes FC Women | Development Squad
Assistant Coach & Goalkeeper Coach
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals who wish to coach – and develop as a coach – in an active and successful community club.The pathway consists of U14s, U16s, U18s and Development Squad teams which feed into a first team playing football in the FA Championship, the second tier ofEnglish football. We are looking for coaches who may be at an earlier stage in their coaching journey but welcome those with ambition to be head coach material in the future.
Job Title: Development SquadAssistant Coach, Pathway Goalkeeper Coach
Hours & Availability: Our Development Squad AssistantCoach and Goalkeeper Coach should be available to coach two evenings each week(currently Tuesday and Thursday). The Assistant Coach would support the manager on match days.
Remuneration: All pathway roles are voluntary however Lewes FC will support coaches with training and development opportunities, training kit and a gym membership, where available.
Closing date: Open until filled.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the Development Squad Manager with planning, delivering and reviewing sessions within the four corners coaching philosophy (technical, psychological, physical and social) and lead or support individual and team development.
· Create a positive, fun and challenging learning environment for players
· Liaise with other pathway coaches and support individual players to progress up to the first team where appropriate.
· Develop good rapport with players and provide them with mentorship and guidance on their football journey.
· Support the Manager to complete individual player development plans and provide timely, accurate and constructive feedback to players and parents.
· Assist with relevant administrative tasks related to the role.
· Attend and contribute to club meetings and parents’ evenings.
· Report safeguarding concerns.
· Represent Lewes FC in a professional manner.
· Adhere to club policies including on safeguarding, anti-bullying and equality.
· We are open to applications from coaches with a wide range of coaching qualifications. The Assistant Coach needs a minimum of FA level 1 but with adesire to develop in the role.
· The Goalkeeper Coach should have completed the FA Level 2 in Coaching Goalkeepers.
· All coaches should have completed the FA Safeguarding Children Workshop and have an in-date qualification.
· All roles are subject to passing the FA Criminal Records Check.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com (with the subject line: Development Coach: Your Name) outlining;
– which role you are interested in
– which age group you would like to be considered for
– your qualifications and coaching goals
Lewes FC is keen to support better representation of female and BAME coaches and managers in football. We particularly welcome applicants from aspiring female coaches and coaches from BAME backgrounds.