Women's football news
Written by: Charlie
This is a flexible role covering Pathway sessions throughout the week.
Location: Lewes FC
Remuneration: £25 an Hour
Reports to: Head of Performance
Works with: Technical Lead, Pathway Coordinator, Pathway Coaches
Roles & Responsibilities
• Planning and delivery of high-level injury prevention, injury rehabilitation and pitch-side first aid /emergency care
• Develop the systems and infrastructure required to ensure that injury prevention, rehabilitation and emergency aid processes are supported, documented and reviewed appropriately, in collaboration with the rest of the Club medical, performance and coaching staff.
• Be in attendance of pathway training sessions on a consistent basis.
• Provide or arrange equivalent services to players during the off season to ensure continuity of treatment.
• Keep abreast of current research and evidence-based practice in the physiotherapy field with a focus on sports-related injury and rehabilitation research.
• Ensure compliance with the club Medical Emergency Action Plan and lead on medical services on matchdays.
• Be an active member of the team, attend team meetings, provide updates on player injury status, ensure good communication with the coaching staff and provide information to inform decisions around availability for matches and training.
• Manage, order and maintain physio and medical equipment, performing regular audits to ensure equipment is in date and of the highest standard.
• Report safeguarding concerns
• Represent Lewes FC in a professional manner.
Key Skills and Experience
• Emergency First Aid qualification
• Candidates will ideally have a degree-level qualification in sports therapy, sports rehabilitation and/or physiotherapy, but all candidates with relevant experience will be considered.
Please submit your formal interest in the position by sending an email (Subject: Pathway Physiotherapist | Your Name) with your CV and cover letter to: Ryan@lewesfc.com
The deadline for submission is midnight on July 15, 2022.
Please clearly articulate in your cover letter how your experience and personal characteristics align with the values and ambitions of Lewes FC, as well as provide evidence of how your qualification and experience in the women’s professional game match the role described.