Women's football news
…to work with our women’s elite pathway teams when we are able to safely return back to football. We want motivated, enthusiastic individuals who wish to coach – and develop as a coach – in an active and successful community club. The pathway consists of U14s, U16s, U18s and Development Squad teams which feed into a first team playing football in the FA Championship, the second tier of English football. We are looking for Team Coaches to lead teams and Assistant Coaches who may be at an earlier stage in their coaching journey to support the Team Coaches.
Job Titles (Separate Roles): Team Coach / Assistant Coach / Pathway Goalkeeper Coach
Hours & Availability: Our Pathway coaches should be available to coach their team two evenings each week and lead the team on matchdays (Sundays). Our Pathway Goalkeeper Coach covers all age groups from U14s to adult but the role is more flexible.
Remuneration: All pathway roles are voluntary however Lewes FC will support coaches with training and development opportunities, training kit and a gym membership.
Closing date: Open until filled.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plan, deliver and review sessions within the four corners coaching philosophy (technical, psychological, physical and social) and lead or support individual and team development.
- Create a positive, fun and challenging learning environment for players
- Develop and deploy different, appropriate styles of coaching including command, guided discovery and player-led.
- Liaise with other pathway coaches, monitor player load and performance and support individual players to progress up a level where appropriate.
- Develop good rapport with players and provide them with mentorship and guidance on their football journey.
- Complete individual player development plans and provide timely, accurate and constructive feedback to players and parents.
- Assist with relevant administrative tasks related to the role.
- Attend and contribute to club meetings and parents’ evenings.
- Report safeguarding concerns.
- Represent Lewes FC in a professional manner.
- Adhere to club policies including on safeguarding, anti-bullying and equality.
- We are open to applications from coaches with a wide range of coaching qualifications. Assistant Coaches need a minimum of FA level 1 but with a desire to develop in the role. Team coaches should ideally be working towards UEFA B or UEFA A qualifications.
- The Pathway Goalkeeper Coach should have completed the FA Level 2 in Coaching Goalkeepers.
- All coaches should have completed the FA Safeguarding Children Workshop and have an in-date qualification.
- All roles are subject to passing the FA Criminal Records Check.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com (with the subject line: Pathway Coaches: Your Name) outlining…
- which role you are interested in
- which age group you would like to be considered for
- your qualifications and coaching goals