When we introduced our match posters, around ten years ago, they were unlike anything fans had seen before. Many people now know us for our posters though they’ve never been to a match or even support Lewes, and that’s fine.
The big news is that the current designer for our women’s posters is stepping down, so there’s a vacancy! You won’t get rich, this is one of the areas where we’ve used experienced volunteers for many years, so it is unpaid. But, of course, your work will be seen by thousands and you’ll join the folklore of the club (are we selling this enough?).
We’re now looking for a new women’s poster designer from amongst our Owners. You may well already be an experienced graphic designer or art director, but this is an open call to any Owner, anywhere in the world with great ideas and a good eye.
Here’s the brief to respond to:
- – Design a poster for the Lewes v Southampton match on Sunday, 28th August, 2pm KO
- – Posters run in print format as a quad size and A3, both landscape. Ideally, the poster will lend itself to a ‘square’ version too, for Instagram.
- – The only elements it must include are: Team names; date/time; space for a QR code (pointing to tickets) with the word ‘TICKETS’ under it; the Barclays Women’s Championship logo.
- – Whether to include other elements is up to you e.g. Lewes/opponent badges, venue (The Dripping Pan)
- – Tone of voice: This is vital – our match posters always have some kind of reference to culture, be that film, music, female heroes (current or historical). And they don’t take themselves too seriously. Great advertising gets people’s attention by being entertaining/rewarding and, ideally, something people want to share with others. Of course, in this case, it must also clearly communicate the match details.
- – All that aside, let your imagination go wild!
The successful designer will be committing to producing a match poster for each of our 11 home League games between August and next May, plus home matches in the FA Cup and League Cup which might be around three or four more.
SUBMITTING YOUR POSTER
- – Email a jpeg or PDF (max file size 5mb) to email@example.com
- – If the file size is larger than that, please use WeTransfer or a similar service
- – All elements of your design must be copyright free
- – DEADLINE: Monday 8th August