Men's football news
Written by: Charlie
8-12 hours/week, including evening and weekend work
Start Date: Immediate
The deadline for submission is midnight on June 30, 2022
The role will be open until filled
Reports to: Head of Performance and Men’s First Team Management
Key relationships: 1st Team Manager and Assistant, Performance Staff, Club Administration
Location: The Dripping Pan, Lewes, Mountfield Road
Salary: TBD subject to interview and experience
Performance Support Role: Analysis and Scouting
The successful candidate will have the experience, skills, and character to support our men’s 1st team technical staff and players with tailored performance analysis support:
• Provide tailored performance analysis support for the Men’s First Team staff and players.
• Opposition Analysis – providing detailed and informed analysis of forthcoming opposition to coaches and relevant resources to be delivered and available to the first team squad, on a game-by-game basis.
• Individual Player Development – produce individual player analysis as directed by the first team staff.
• Capture and analyze opponent’s games.
• Analyze opposition match footage providing insights to relevant coaching staff and creating detailed reports to facilitate game plan creation.
• Maintain individual player development databases for tracking and benchmarking player development.
• Provide detailed video-based dossiers for potential loan players.
• Contribute to the development of best practice video libraries for use of all coaching staff and players.
• Sharing relevant video, data and other resources with staff and players using various technology platforms.
• Other duties related to the role at the discretion of the Management Team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Excellent understanding of football tactics, games management, and talent ID
• BSc in Performance Analysis, working towards, or applicable experience
• Competency in using: Interactive Technology and Software (Focus, Hudl, Sportscode)
• Experience of analysis at either senior or elite youth level (2+ years desirable)
• Excellent communicator, highly open-minded, and creative educator
• Proactive and driven to succeed, responsible and accountable to deadlines
• A developed understanding of the importance of marginal gains
• Attention to detail, dedicated to the role and the extra hours needed outside standard working day
Please submit a Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly articulate in your cover letter how your experience and personal characteristics align with the values and ambitions of Lewes FC, as well as provide evidence of how your qualifications and experience match the role described above.
We will begin interviews coinciding with the open application process. Please review the dates below and note in your application email if any of the below dates would not work with current commitments.
• Formal Interviews Open: July 1 – The role will be open until filled
• Expected Start Date: July 11
Do not be put off from applying for this role if you do not meet all the requirements described here in every way. First and foremost, we seek people with clear ambition and drive for success, who are fully aligned with the values and principles of Lewes FC and who have the attributes to contribute to the development and success of our football club.
Lewes FC prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and we encourage and welcome applications from all candidates including those from under-represented backgrounds such as women, people with disabilities, BAME and LGBTQ+ candidates.
Given the low levels of diversity in football, we understand that candidates from under- represented backgrounds are unlikely to have been given adequate opportunity in the game. Consequently, we will ensure that the application process does not unduly favour candidates with such experience over applicants without it – within the restrictions posed by our criteria to play in the Isthmian Premier League.