Pathway Technical Lead
Full Time Role
Deadline for applications is midnight on July 3, 2022.
Reports to: Head of Performance
Key relationships: 1st Team Manager, Performance Staff, General Manager, Pathway Coordinator, Pathway Coaches, pathway players, parents
Location: The Dripping Pan, Lewes, Mountfield Road
This is a brand new full-time role at the club which will lead our work to improve our player pathway to the 1st team through more effective coaching, a focus on high performance and holistic player development of our 13-21 year old female players.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading on the development of our youth pathway through support of the age group coaches with their planning, delivery and management of training sessions and match days as well as aiding all player development through the pathway. The candidate will also act as head coach of our development squad and assistant coach within our Barclays Women’s Championship 1st team.
The post holder will play a vital role in both the development of youth players and the performance of the 1st team. Their goal will be to oversee and affect the development of future professionals that are able to thrive within our structure.
• Oversee the planning, delivery and review of the coaching programme across the U14-Development Squad age groups.
• Assist with the development and implementation of the pathway curriculum alongside the Head of Performance.
• Lead on the implementation of a pathway wide Individual Development Programme.
• Lead as the head coach of the girls’ Development Squad.
• Support & collaborate with the Head of Performance & 1st Team Staff to collectively deliver a clear and well understood playing style and game model throughout the pathway and 1st team.
• Support the Women’s 1st team staff, as directed by the Women’s 1st Team Manager and Head of Performance, with planning, coaching, or development of the 1st team squad.
• Line management of all pathway age group coaches to ensure high standard of coach delivery and 360 holistic support.
• Provide the Head of Performance & Women’s 1st Team Staff with reports on all players following monthly check-ins and performance review meetings.
• Develop and deliver a pathway CPD programme for Pathway Coaches.
• Educate coaches, players and parents with regards to the expectations, requirements and needs to play at the highest level.
• Help instill the club’s ethos and culture within the pathway
• Aid the continued professionalisation of the pathway
• Lead on any future FA pathway or academy licence application on behalf of the club
Main job requirements and person specification
• UEFA B / FA level 3
• Up to date FA Emergency Aid Qualification – FA Basic First Aid for Sport Qualification (BFAS) or FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAIF)
• Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate
• An accepted FA Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure (previously known as an FA CRB Disclosure)
• Any education or teaching experience would also be desirable.
• An understanding of Long Term Player Development and how to develop young players.
• Able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit
• Able to work as part of a coaching team and the ability to motivate others.
• Able to build a strong rapport with the players in the age range.
• Ability to set realistic goals for the coaches and players within the age groups.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Motivated and driven individual.
• Commitment and passion for the game.
• A dynamic, confident communicator (verbal, written) whilst able to adapt style and approach as and when required.
• Recruitment/Talent ID experience.
• Ability to lead a robust Talent ID process.
• Analysis experience.
Please submit your formal interest in the position by sending an email (Subject: Pathway Technical Lead| Your Name ) with your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission is midnight on July 3, 2022.
Please clearly articulate in your cover letter how your experience and personal characteristics align with the values and ambitions of Lewes FC, as well as provide evidence of how your qualification and experience in the women’s professional game match the role described below.
Please review the dates below and note in your application email if any of the below dates would not work with current commitments:
• Formal Interview process: June 3 onwards
Do not be put off from applying for this role if you do not meet all the requirements described here in every way. First and foremost, we seek people with clear ambition and drive for success, who are fully aligned with the values and principles of Lewes FC and who have the attributes to contribute to the development and success of our football club.
Lewes FC prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and we encourage and welcome applications from all candidates including those from under-represented backgrounds such as women, people with disabilities, BAME and LGBTQ+ candidates.
Given the low levels of diversity in football, we understand that candidates from under-represented backgrounds are unlikely to have been given adequate opportunity in the game. Consequently, we will ensure that the application process does not unduly favour candidates with such experience over applicants without it – within the restrictions posed by our License to play in the FA Women’s Championship.