Our women’s First Team have a vacancy for a Lead Physiotherapist.
Full Time Role – Minimum 40 hours/week, 52 weeks/year.
Reports to: Head of Performance
Key relationships: 1st Team Manager, Performance Staff, General Manager, CEO
Location: The Dripping Pan, Mountfield Road, Lewes, BN7 2XA,
Lewes play in the Barclays Women’s Championship, putting us in the top 20 teams in the country.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, innovative, passionate, and committed physiotherapist, to undertake a full-time role as Lead Physiotherapist overseeing the medical care of our women’s 1st team players.
The successful applicant will have gained experience and extensive knowledge from working within elite sport (not necessarily football) and have a keen interest in evidence based, preparation, performance and recovery strategies involving professional female athletes.
Overseeing the care, communication, prevention, treatment, and management of injuries for female athletes 16-35 years old.
Reporting to the Head of Performance, we have a strong emphasis on team ethos and collective responsibility to drive towards our individual and collective targets. You will be working closely with the team’s MDT staff and the club’s sport science, performance staff, analysis, and technical staff to ensure our players can perform consistently at an elite level of competition.
The successful candidate will have the experience, skills, and character to lead our women’s 1st team medical oversight and management, fulfilling the following requirements:
• Lead the clubs Clinical Governance Framework and FA Covid Offer Role
• Physiotherapist able to fully commit to a full-time role in elite sport, where the schedule and hours can change unexpectedly.
• Attend all training sessions and Competition Matches played by the club through pre-season and season, as well as providing or arranging equivalent services to players during the off season to ensure continuity of treatment.
• Be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of high-level injury rehabilitation and pitch side first aid / emergency care including the systems and infrastructure required to ensure that these processes are supported, documented, and reviewed appropriately, in collaboration with the rest of the Club medical and performance staff.
• Manage Medical Records with contemporaneous confidential medical and performance records using Women’s Performance System (WPS), and all medical records meet the standards set by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, The Society of Sports Therapists, and the General Medical Council, as applicable.
• Have excellent management, leadership, and communication skills with the experience, to plan, communicate, align, and integrate diverse solutions to cultivate the best medical and sport science care for athletes and clearly communicate with all players and staff.
• Have experience and a keen interest in evidence-based practice, preparation, performance, and recovery strategies in elite women’s football.
• Understanding of injury prevention and rehabilitation of post-surgical and complex injuries common in the female athlete.
• Reporting to the Head of Performance and work closely with club’s sports science, medical and performance staff to deliver sports physiotherapy in a high-performance environment, including development and management of Pre-Hab, Rehabilitation, and Return to Play Programmes for numerous players and various injuries throughout the season.
• Ability to make decisions and work independently as a lead of a department, managing budgets, oversight, collaboration, player care and welfare in connection with the club and team ethos, cultivating a positive, transparent high-performance ecosystem of care.
• Have experience in elite sports ideally in women’s football or elite women’s sport.
o BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
o Full membership of the CSP and registered member of the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
o Have appropriate medical indemnity to treat/advise FA WSL and FA WC players.
o Have an up-to-date full Advanced Emergency Aid qualification; this should be the Level 5 ATMIFF
o Attend a yearly ATMMiF-R reaccreditation
o FA safeguarding
o Experience working in MDT desirable
o UKSA accreditation (or working towards accreditation)
o MSc Physiotherapy (or working towards)
o MSc Sport Rehabilitation (or working towards)
o Have worked in Elite Sport minimum of 2 years
o Have worked in Women’s Elite Sport
Please submit your formal interest in the position by sending an email (Subject: 1st Team Lead Physio | Your Name) with your CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission is midnight on June 24, 2022
The role will be open until filled
Please clearly articulate in your cover letter how your experience and personal characteristics align with the values and ambitions of Lewes FC, as well as provide evidence of how your qualifications and experience in the women’s professional game match the role described above.
We will begin interviews coinciding with the open application process. Please review the dates below and note in your application email if any of the below dates would not work with current commitments.
• Formal Interviews Open: June 20 – The role will be open until filled
• Expected Start Date: June 27 – July 9