Written by: Jack
We are seeking to appoint a Safeguarding & Welfare Officer to provide leadership, management and implementation of the Club’s safeguarding strategy, policy and procedures.
The successful candidate will ensure a collaborative approach across the Club to the promotion of safeguards and the protection of children, young people and adults at risk both on and offline.
They will also work in partnership with the FA, statutory agencies and other relevant organisations to report and manage concerns effectively and efficiently.
Role Responsibilities & Key Duties (Full Job Description attached below)
1. Implement, promote and review the Club’s safeguarding policies, procedures and bestpractice guidelines.
2. Provide regular reports to the Club’s senior management team and Board of Directors, including the Safeguarding Champion.
3. Work closely with senior management to develop and implement safer recruitment and induction practices across the Club.
4. Give direction and guidance to staff in respect of safeguarding concerns, allegations and the Club’s whistleblowing policy.
5. Respond to poor practice concerns withing the Club and its pathway in line with disciplinary policy.
6. Be the main point of contact with statutory and football authorities on safeguarding issues, sharing information where appropriate and developing strong partnerships.
7. Work in conjunction with the Player Liaison and Lifestyle Officer to promote and deliver the Clubs’ safeguarding and welfare objectives
To apply, please send covering letter and up to date CV to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 27 January 2023
Lewes FC Safeguarding & Welfare Officer – Full Job Description