Women's football news
If you’re reading this, then you’ll already know that Lewes FC Women is one of the most progressive women’s football clubs in the UK. We are currently in the FA Women’s Premier League, but we have applied to be in the new FA Women’s Championship, from next season – this is the second tier of the national game, just below the Women’s Super League. And this season Lewes FC became the first club in the world to have equal playing budgets for its women’s and men’s teams – so you know we’re serious about this.
To match our football ambitions and to help push our gender equality campaign, we now need a dynamic, entrepreneurial but fiendishly organised General Manager who is a great communicator. You will have a wide range of responsibilities, as outlined in the Job Description, but your number one focus and passion will be to help take us all the way to the Women’s Super League. This position reports directly to the Lewes FC main Board.
Please apply to email@example.com and be sure to send a cover email too explaining what singles you out to be the obvious choice for this role.
General Manager – Lewes FC Women
The General Manager’s
role is to manage all aspects of the Lewes FC Women’s club.
You will be responsible for Lewes
FC Women’s team’s personnel; budgets; commercial development, and professional
We would also expect you to manage relationships and services provided to the club by key partners e.g.
men’s football clubs/education partners. The direct reports of this role
include: Club Secretaries and/or Match Promotion Officers, safeguarding
efficient and friendly day-to-day operations of the football club and its
associated amenities. Supporting the directors, teams and volunteers. You
should also be comfortable dealing with media enquiries, interviews and
conference speaking, as required.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To act as The FA’s primary contact for all league business and meetings, in particular: commercial, finance, broadcast, facility and fixture related issues.
- Development of relationships with key funding partners to ensure club sustainability: working with other members of the club senior management team and directors to achieve this against the club business/partnership plan from 2018 – 2022.
- Attendance at all FA League meetings.
- Attendance at all Women’s matches
- Responsibility for fixture planning and subsequent management (through club secretary if relevant) to deliver against club’s plan for fixtures and events, marketing, match-day promotion.
- Management of all staff relationships to ensure effective recruitment, day-to-day management and delivery of all work plans to agreed targets, in particular marketing/match day promotion and attendance targets.
- Supporting the coaching/senior management team on player recruitment, contracting, registration and associated salary management (through club secretary if relevant).
- Day-to-day club budget management.
- Management of relationship with Lewes Community Football Club, particularly regarding pitch usage and maintenance plan.
- Responsibility for meeting club licence requirements, and to ensure club adhere to The FA regulations and league rules.
- Writing and delivering annual club partnership plans meeting FA Licence criteria
- Reporting against Club Partnership Fund (as required by the FA) and presenting evidence required to release funding: meeting budget/match funding requirement, and annual reporting, through club accountant and finance office.
- To develop and deliver a strategy and vision for Women’s Football at the club
- To provide reports as requested to the club and The FA
- Ensuring the Club adheres to The FA standards for safeguarding children
- Maintain positive relations with key England
International staff (Head Coach/Director of Elite Development/relevant age
group coaches, Performance Support Staff)
Essential: Enhanced CRB Check required
Key skills and experience required
· Experience in a
general business/management role (ideally within a sports club/ development
environment, but not essential)
· Experience of
writing and delivering strategy
· Experience of
commercial/business management, (ideally within a semi-professional sports
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful,
strong strategic relationships with club staff.
interpersonal skills, ability to develop effective working relationships with
people both inside and outside the club.
· Self starter
with ability to manage their own workload
· Aware of diversity and equality challenges in football
· Empathy and commitment to the long term development of the game
· Track record of consistent high performance in a professional environment
· Strong IT and project management skills
· Full driving license required
· Ability to work
flexibly, including weekends and independent travel
· Passion to
develop the female game
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a
covering email and attach an up-to-date CV. Your application will of course be treated in the strictest confidence.
Closing date: April 20th
Time commitment: Full time with some evenings & weekend requirements
including bank holidays.
Location: Lewes, East Sussex. The club is happy for the
successful candidate to spend a proportion of the week working from home or
another remote location.
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
Start date: June 2018