Are you, or do you know a highly motivated person, willing to roll up your sleeves and help be part of the next stage of Lewes FC’s growth? Check out the two new openings below.
Thanks to a new grant and incoming sponsorship (details TBA soon!), Lewes FC is delighted to be able to open two brand new full-time roles at the club.
We are looking for a full-time Communications Manager to work across the men’s and women’s sides of the club, who works well under pressure, is highly motivated, very creative and a confident, warm people-person, with excellent people and project management skills.
We are also looking for a Commercial Manager who can drive our work to generate sponsorships and partnerships, radically improve our merchandise sales and club shop, and think of other creative ways to generate revenue at the club to help us reach our goals of becoming fully financially sustainable.
Included below are short summaries of the two roles but please click here for the Communications Manager role and the Commercial Manager role. Applications will go through to our HR partners at Adastra.
We are seeking a Communications Manager to manage and professionalise our day to day football communications (promoting games, sharing matchday/player/club news, running matchday communications), increase our behind the scenes footage and player-focused content, and create inspirational football-for-good content for audiences around the world that also helps to share our unique story and ethos and create more fans and owners.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- – Maintain and manage club voice and brand.
- – Manage a large number of volunteers and freelancers to run the week-to-week production of content and communications for our website, social media newsletter and other channels.
- – Manage the website and digital matchday programme.
- – Lead on creative thinking, ideas and concepts for fun, unique content to attract and engage new and existing fans, owners and commercial partners.
- – Manage our relationship with external partners and the media.
- – Lead the development and implementation of a club Communications strategy to promote our teams, increase matchday attendance, bring on board new club owners and share club goals and ethos.
The Communications Manager Job Description can be viewed and downloaded here
We are seeking a Commercial Manager to manage our business and commercial operations, identify and capitalise on revenue-generating opportunities and help us become fully financially sustainable.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- – Manage our sponsorship and partnership portfolio
- – Manage our club shop and merch sales
- – Identify new ways to generate revenue at the club
- – Support colleagues to meet revenue targets
- – Represent the club externally
- – Stay on top of data/KPIs/trends
Lewes FC prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and we encourage and welcome applications from all candidates including those from under-represented backgrounds such as women, people with disabilities, BAME and LGBTQ+ candidates.
Given the low levels of diversity in football, we understand that candidates from under-represented backgrounds are unlikely to have been given adequate opportunity in the game. Consequently, we will ensure that the application process does not unduly favour candidates with such experience over applicants without it.
The Commercial Manager Job Description can be viewed and downloaded here
To apply, please follow the instructions within the full job description. Deadline is August 4.