Lewes FC is committed to ensuring the club have the correct processes and procedures in place to ensure children and adults are able to take part in football in a safe, fun and enjoyable environment.
The FA have a simple three part approach to help everyone…
• Getting the right people involved – carrying out references and CRC checks
• Creating a safe environment – codes of conduct, education and best practice
• Promoting clear systems to deal with any concerns, policy and procedures
Getting the right people involved
• The Welfare Officer is involved in the recruitment process when we have appointed a new Coach.
• Lewes FC have a policy where all new volunteers/coaches have to complete an application form/Interview and an FA CRC disclosure form before they become involved with coaching children and/or vulnerable adults.
• All of our existing Managers, Coaches or Assistant and Managers have valid FA CRC certificates.
Creating a safe environment
• Lewes FC Managers, Coaches and/or Assistant Managers have attended Safeguarding Children Training, 1st Aid and have a Coaching Qualification before coaching children and/or vulnerable adults.
• We have risk assessments, best practice and policies in place that our Managers, Coaches and/or Assistant Managers follow.
Promoting clear systems to deal with any concerns, policy and procedures
• All Coaches, Managers, Parents and Players can find the Club Welfare Officer’s telephone number on the the bottom of this page. In addition, the Club’s Welfare Officer telephone number and respective FA/NSPCC Helpline numbers are on display at the entrance to the home dressing room so everyone has access to the information.
A copy of the Lewes FC Safeguarding policy can also be downloaded and viewed here.
Lewes FC Welfare Officer – Adam Wolecki
T: 01273 470820
M: 07587 706591
E: [email protected]