If you want to help your Club on match days or behind the scenes generally, come and join the merry band of volunteers who give their time and skills to make match days run smoothly, and keep the Pan safe and shipshape. We depend and rely on our volunteers and value them greatly.
There is always lots to do, and here are just some of the jobs done by volunteers:
Match Days Mostly on a Saturday or a Sunday, and some weekday evenings.
- Turnstiles – selling match day tickets before games till after kick-off
- Meeting and Greeting officials and guests before games
- Hospitality – making and serving tea; looking after VIP visitors and directors in the Portakabin (or Beach Huts)
- Bar – selling drinks before, during and after games
- Programme Sales
- Shop – selling merchandise
- Raffle Tickets and Golden Goal Sales
- Minibus Driving – the players to away games
Maintenance, Clearing and Repairs There is a wide variety of work throughout the current season, as well as a concerted effort in the summer before the next. We are always looking for volunteers with the right experience and expertise to help – this can save us hiring contractors.
- Grounds – clearing the grounds of rubbish, sorting for recycling
- Gardening – clearing weeds in the areas around the pitch
- Minibus Maintenance
- Repairing or Replacing Woodwork/Fencing
- Electrical Work and Repairs
- Painting and Decorating – mostly in the close season
You can find out more, or offer to volunteer, by contacting club Director John Peel on: [email protected].
Come on You Volunteers!